Outsider: Due to their mixed human and demon heritage, infernals are considered to be native outsiders with the chaotic subtype. Infernals have mortal ancestors or a strong connection to the Material Plane; thus, they can be raised, reincarnated, or resurrected just as other living individuals can. Infernals need to breathe, eat, and sleep. Infernals are usually of chaotic alignment; if it changes, they still retain the chaotic subtype. Any effect that depends on alignment affects infernals as if they were of a chaotic alignment, no matter their true alignment. Infernals overcome damage reduction as if their natural weapons and any weapons they wield were chaotically aligned.
Celestial Diversity: Infernals are very diverse and varied, giving them a +2 bonus to Str and Cha.
Medium: As Medium creatures, infernals have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Normal Speed: Infernals have a base land speed of 30 feet.
Darkvision: Infernals can see in the dark up to 60 feet.
Claws (Ex): Infernals have a pair of vicious claws, giving them two claw attacks. These attacks are primary attacks that deal 1d4 points of damage.
Infernal Taint (Sp): Infernal characters gain one special ability chosen from the list below to reflect the specific effects of their demonic, tainted blood. Unless otherwise specified, none of these abilities may be taken more than once.
• Acid Resistance: Acid runs like water off the flesh of this infernal. Infernals with this ability gain acid resistance 10.
• Barbed Flesh: Sharp barbs stud the infernal’s skin. These infernals are always considered to be wearing armor spikes, which deal (at the infernal’s discretion) an extra 1d6 points of piercing damage on a successful grapple attack. These spikes count as a martial weapon. Infernals with this ability can perform a regular melee attack (or off-hand attack) with the spikes, which count as a light weapon in this case. Infernals who use the spikes to make an attack cannot attack with another off-hand weapon in the same round, and vice versa.
• Cold Resistance: Tainted blood keeps this infernal warm from within. Infernals with this ability gain cold resistance 10.
• Electricity Resistance: Lightning holds no fear for this infernal. Infernals with this ability gain electricity resistance 10.
• Fiendish Anatomy: The internal organs of this infernal are placed differently than those in normal humanoids. Infernals with this ability who suffer a critical hit may make a Fortitude save (DC 15 + opponent’s Base Attack Bonus) to treat the critical hit as a normal hit. This ability does not affect damage dealt by sneak attacks.
• Fire Resistance: This infernal can endure flames of any intensity. Infernals with this ability gain fire resistance 10.
• Poison Resistance: Like their fiendish ancestors, these infernals have little to fear from poisons. Infernals with this ability gain a racial bonus on saving throws against poison effects equal to their Hit Dice.
Languages: Infernals begin play speaking Common and Abyssal. Infernals with a high Intelligence score can choose from the following: Infernal, Celestial, Draconic, Dwarven, and Elven.
Alternate Racial Abilities
Infernal Magic (Su): Infernals may pick any two of the following arcane spells: cause fear, magic missile, protection from law, ray of enfeeblement, and shocking grasp. These spells can be used once per day as spell-like abilities with a caster level equal to the infernal’s Hit Dice. This racial ability replaces the infernal taint racial trait.
Luck of the Devil: Infernals gain a +1 luck bonus to all saving throws. This racial ability replaces the infernal taint racial trait.
Venomous Bite: Infernals gain a natural bite attack that deals 1d6 damage. The bite is a primary attack; however, if the infernal currently wields a manufactured weapon, then it becomes a secondary attack. A number of times per day equal to the infernal’s Constitution modifier (minimum 1/day), the infernal can coat a wielded weapon with venomous saliva. Applying venom in this way is a swift action. Venom—injury; save Fort DC 10 + 1/2 infernal’s Hit Dice + infernal’s Constitution modifier; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect 1d2 Dex; cure 1 save. This ability replaces the claws racial trait.